2009-03-25

More about the =T=T=T= idea...

I'm not experienced with this sort of thing yet, and so have never drafted this sort of proposal before. I will try and get it together over the course of the next few weeks here. (We haven't even told the President about it yet... ;-) Check out the document linked through the title of this article to see more about what I'm talking about.

Basically, in brief, we want to form a 501.c or Public Benefit Corporation called The TTT, for “TTT Trolley Transit”. The corporate organization formed for the Portland Streetcar is the sort of thing I'm talking about... We'll need the help of a lawyer for that.

We want this thing to go nation-wide, in order to pool R&D, manufacturing, administrative, and organizational resources with other communities, while still maintaining a localized admin/control for each community.

Honestly, I'm really “just a farm kid turned cook”, without much formal training in this kind of thing, so I have to play it by ear as I go and hope I get the song right. Any assistance with forming this organization will be most helpful.

Right now, I don't need an office, but hopefully, ASAP, we'll need one, and the big green building next to the Train Shoppe (450 S 900 E) is the perfect location... in fact, it's partly why I chose this apartment, across the street from it (birch tree and birdfeeder).

I've been thinking about this kind of thing for years, and now is the time to begin forming up and getting it to really happen. What we want is wind energy powered residential service trolley in every city. We want the automobile manufacturers to retool factories and crank out wind turbines like WWII aircraft to make them plentiful and inexpensive (not cheap; Quality is Job 1). We realize that they don't necessarily already have blueprints for wind turbines, so we hope that companies who have good designs will provide $1.00 manufacturing contracts to bootstrap this. The same for companies with proven designs for trolley systems...

I've also got some good ideas to share for an Inductrack Mag-lev system that will be able to share the street with wheeled vehicles. I plan to jot and sketch those out soon and to share them upstream with the people at General Atomics + Siemens + ... consortium.

My phone is costing $0.25 / minute right now, so I can't use it too much on my present budget... It would be most awesome if Verizon would donate telephone resources for this effort.) Nevertheless, please call if you want to set up a meeting appointment.

2 comments:

  1. I just sent a note to the folks at the Portland State Aerospace Society mentioning this blog. I've dared them to think about mag-lev streetcar instead of rockets to fly up to heaven. PSAS has recently published an interesting article in the Linux Journal about their ambitious project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title to this article is linked to a document on my Google Docs account. I don't yet know if it's accessible to everyone or not. If it's not, please contact me about that. I'm not omniscient and my phychic powers are very limited, so please use email, the telephone, or an in person visit.

    ReplyDelete